• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

brake location ?

beakie

NAXJA Forum User
I'm trying to locate the brakes on this new D60 I got.

it's a HP re-tubed and set up for the rear, 63"wms, and has 14b outters...

since the 14b has the brakes so far in on the tubes I am having a tough time figuring out where to put the brakes.

the pics below show the 2 options I've come up with so far, no pics of #3, using the RuffStuff 14b brake brackets.

1. stock holes on the brackets, leaves the brakes pretty low
Vy847c802149-02.jpg

2. if I drill new holes on the brackets, I can raise the callipers up as far as the pic shows... any more and the leafs would interfere.
NgyvvO491412-02.jpg

3. I don't have pics of, but would be to put the calipers in the front of the axle, would end up in same approx location as the pics above, just in front of the tube, either stock holes or drill new ones.

I can't put the callipers on top, it ain't happening, so what do others have to say?

I've done a couple different versions of the disc brackets and it looks like the brackets are backwards, the offset should be facing out instead if in. You could mock up the hub/rotor and know for sure. I've done them at approx 10 o'clock position (In front of the diff) on the couple I've done. Keeps them out of the way.

Back