• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Time for a new lift

xcspeedy

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys I've mainly been searching around and built my Jeep up from bolt on parts I heard about by looking here. These past two weekends I went to Rausch Creek in PA and had a great time. I made it through red and black trails with a Rustys 4.5" short arm lift and 33 BFG km2s. For being open open I was surprised what the Jeep could do but after bashing my diffs, transfercase, and body panels, its time to upgrade.

By talking to a bunch of the guys I found that getting the Rustys lift was a huge mistake, which I learned by the end of the second day when my rear leafs were virtually flat. I got mixed thoughts on a new lift so I thought I would ask you guys. I was thinking of the Rough Country long arm set up but with their past reputation I'm not sure I really want to. Personally I would love to go with BDS, Claytons, RE, or even TNT but thats a bit out of my price range. Unless you guys think its totally worth dropping the extra coin on one of those brands I would like to hear what you have to say thanks.

My future plans include 35s or 37s with lots of trimming, new axles, and a LCOG.

I ran the RC 6.5 lift, this with some minor trimming could get you over 35's, I used the jeep for many purposes including owing as well as wheelin 4+ trails in Moab. I even towed a coupe cars with it, I ran it for 4 years and sold the jeep. I ended up changing the bushings once in the leafs but otherwise it never sagged or gave me any problems. I am on my second jeep and I am going back to that lift. I have not been impressed with BDS or Teraflex, so good luck.

I ran the TnT kit on my MJ. I loved the Bellypan and the arm-design. A very high clearance system. Drove great on the street too.

Back