• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sunday 28th snow bashing

jeepfreak1020

NAXJA Forum User
Saturday 27th snow bashing

So with all the snow the mountains are getting I wana try to go up and do some snow bashing. Anyone down to go? Not sure where, I was eather thinkin up around Idaho Springs or try bunce school road. Anyone down to go?

Last edited:
I'd do bunch school rd with you if I can get the drive-line vibrations figured out and fixed by then. It's really noticable at hwy speeds. Had the DS rebuilt late last year so I'm thinking maybe it's just a u-joint. I'll clean up the garage floor some today to get at it...

I'm in for a run on Saturday, doesn't have to be very difficult as long as there is some snow to play in!

Come on guys! I know a lot of people have a long weekend for the holiday and would love to squeeze in some snow bashing Saturday!

I'll go Saturday... ALSO....if I get the u-joints changed tomorrow. I'm a slow old poke - with the mechanics. The front driveshaft wobbles just a little up by the axle, and it vibrates the jeep at speeds < 50mph bad.
Back to topic: I don't know if Bunch School Road got much snow from this last storm. It kinda fell apart before it got to the Front Range. I'll ask around or scope it out tomorrow, it's less than 20 mi away.

Sorry guys Im out as of right now with how the jeeps acting. I still havent figured out whats wrong. I think its a u-joint in my BRAND NEW REAR DRIVESHAFT. Thats gotta be the only thing. Because it sounds like when a u-joints going out. and I pulled the front shaft and its still doing it. And its coming from the rear. Thats gotta be the only thing

Re:(Sunday ) Saturday 28th snow bashing

I got the U joint replaced, rides smooth now, yaaaa. It doesn't look like Bunch School Rd got any snow, but I still want to go there Saturday.

Back