• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ubolt ques...

my guess they will not, the axle tubes are larger in daimeter on dana 44, so dana 35 u-bolts will not fit over the tube.
get new ones from a local spring shop, they will bend them to your spec. you shouldn't reuse old u-bolts anyways.

I still say u-bolts are a one use application. Just get some new ones. (As I sit here with my D35 u bolts on my D44). I just tightened the crap out of them but they are all bent and distorted now. I have some I bought from napa to install. so no big deal. just do it once and be done.

GPRSDLYT said:
i have the tomken, 7 leaf springs. are the original factorys long enough?

Go to a spring company and have a set made up.
There's a store on Gorman Mill Court
up in Fredneck with all sorts on the shelves.

Measure the axle tube diameter (2.75ish IIRC), add the height of the spring pad off the tube, add the height of the spring pack, and then add some for the nuts (2" should be plenty). That's how deep the new one's need to be, with the same bend as the axle tube (2.75ish), and using a 1/2" rod. A local spring shop will bend them while you wait, should cost anything more than $10 each.

i got some at my local axle/gear shop.. 6.50 /ea.. the local leaf spring co. wanted $30 /ea !!!!!!!! because he makes them and doent buy them from a vendor.. shop around.. the autozone, advance auto, pepboys, AND napa all do not carry vehicle pecific ubolts.. the closest i got was one of them had 10 different lengths of 3 1/4" in the "import/lowrider" aisle.. for slamming pickups i guess.....
always go new... they stretch each time they are torqued.. each time loosing a lil integrity..
mike

sidriptide said:
the local leaf spring co. wanted $30 /ea !!!!!!!! because he makes them and doent buy them from a vendor..

<snort> The last 2 sets of u-bolts I've picked up have been custom bent to my specs, and while I waited. Don't think I paid more than $25 for the set of 4 either.</snort>

G'town today at 3? I'll be up there....

Answer to the orignal question- YES they will. D35 and D44 have the same outside tube diam. 8.25 Chry will need different U-bolts as tube is 3" in diam.
Wayne

Back