• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Keyless entry/alarm system

Vanquish

NAXJA Forum User
Can someone please take a second to tell me how an after market keyless/alarm system is installed with the factory sentry key system? I've heard some vehicles require a bypass so you can run it without the key being near.

My truck(2000 Classic) now has an old school Carbine system which I'd like to remove and install a newer system with more options. and more remotes. a manual would be nice too...anyway...

I'm assuming the common spot to install is under/near the steering column. I've poked around but haven't really found much. I'll have to take the steel plate thing off.

...or is it really just worth it to pay someone to do it? I dont really like other people working on my truck, especially when I have to pay them. This seems like one of those things that will take me all day, but a pro like 45 minutes...

I'm mainly asking because right now my remote seems to have unprogrammed itself last week when my battery died. My optima is on its way out...

When the truck is recharged the system automatically arms...so next time it locks itself i'm stuck with an armed alarm system(with immobilizer I might add...) and no remote to unarm it.

I have no real experience in this aspect of the eletrical system, and don't know really anything about the sentry system, and dont want to leave my truck immobilized or something

:read:

Google for instructions on how to operate the system you have.

Pay to have somebody to install any new system, especially if you have no experience installing them. There are like 12-18 wires that all need to be hooked up to wires that you have to locate and separate from the wire bundles under the dash. It a 2-4 hour job for an experienced installer and it would take you 2-4 days.

Lol this forums XXXXing useless...

since the search function on this board is USELESS perhaps someone could tell me where people might be more willing to help? and perhaps not assume youre an idiot...

Google...why didnt I think of that? ....

Good luck finding literature for a probably almost 10-year old keyless system. why do you think i posted here?

Last edited:
Most alarm systems have a simple process to re-synchronize the rolling security codes on the remotes with the control box. I am sure you and your attitude will figure it out.

Gotta agree on the search being useless on this forum. Every time I do a search, the same threads seem to come up. Usually involves several "what did you do to your jeep today" types of threads.

Back