• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Custom dashboard pics?

creepykrawler

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone, Ive tried searching and I can't find very many pics or info on xj custom dash boards. I was thinking about tearing mine apart until its just a bare cage (no plastic on top) and put mount some sheet metal over it and replace the gages with autometer or else like one of those digital instermant panals. We had a cj7 come in that had one and it looked pretty sweet. And maybe mount a gps or a navagation unit (like one of those garmins). I bet some of the jeep speed guys have custom dashes so if you dont mind sharing some pics that would be very helpful. Thank you in advace.

Still a work in progress, but its getting there
017.jpg

023.jpg

022.jpg

025.jpg

021.jpg

Still a work in progress, but its getting there
017.jpg

023.jpg

022.jpg

025.jpg

021.jpg

looks good but why did you put the guage cluster in the middle? wouldnt be a little hard to read the speedo and volt meter while you are haulin a$$ thru the desert? just curious

looks good but why did you put the guage cluster in the middle? wouldnt be a little hard to read the speedo and volt meter while you are haulin a$$ thru the desert? just curious

Because when you are hauling through the desert the last thing you are looking at is your speedo and volt meter.

IMG_0270.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

heres mine, I put the stock cluster in the center. Planning on some autometer cobalts later. I kept the trans power/comfort and fog light switches, as well as idiot light set.

Not sure how much desert there is Colorado....its been a while since I've been there. That, and Starboard is really more of a crawler than jeepspeed.

Back