• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transmission cooler pipes

slobo

NAXJA Forum User
I have thrown the complete drivetrain out of my Cherokee into my Wrangler, In doing so I have lost the tranny cooler pipes (to the bottom of the rad)
Has anyone any idea what the thread is on the transmission?
Or has anyone got any old ones they want to sell? :worship:

Auto tranny, AW4

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1045807 should help. I believe they are M14x1.5 but I am not sure.

If you want OEM easy install, just go on rockauto and buy 2 Dorman 800714, 1 624334, 1 624300, and 1 624301. If you have some of the parts around still, compare pics and figure out what you have and don't have.

If you drive it hard, I would use rubber lines that go over/around the engine mount instead of along the oil pan edge below it (if you have a 97 or later wrangler that is) because the upper control arm will pinch or puncture the lines eventually. Happened to some people I know in the past and happened to me last weekend.

Thanks for the quick reply, Parts at rockauto come to about $65.
But the shipping is $200 :dunno:
So I'll get some made locally. (I'll test with a M14x1.5 bolt first)

Wow, shipping to Serbia. Didn't catch that at first. If you can't source the OE parts locally, what about AN style fittings and hose? That's been done and is discussed in another thread. More expensive than OE parts, but if you can get them there, you won't have to pay outrageous shipping.

edit- the other thread is the one kastein linked.

That thread had the pictures and everything I need, Thanks.
I am having some lug nuts made for me tomorrow (that's what parts are like here)
I'll have some fittings made up too. :flipoff:

That's my thread, I'm glad it's being put to good use. It seems this question comes up every couple of weeks now, lol.

Kastein is correct, the thread is M14x1.5 BUT it is an oring sealed fitting. if you look at the fitting that is in the trans (if you still have the fitting itself that is) there is an oring at the top of the threads just under the head of the disconnect fitting. you can sort of see them here:

DSCF3149.jpg

without that oring seal, your connection will leak. the fittings I used from Earls (available from www.summitracing.com to have shipped to you) are designed to use the oring to seal. All the part numbers for the fittings and orings are in my thread. Hope this helps.

It does come up pretty frequently. I wish I could find all the threads I told people it was probably 3/8 NPT in so I could go back and correct myself :dunce:

Back