• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

haven't been to site in years: What's best angle for 1310 CV driveline?

dandecicco

NAXJA Forum User
I haven't been on the board in probably 5 years since I sold my XJ and moved to a 1973 FJ40 that I brought back from the dead. Although I am a Toyota guy now, part of my rig is still jeep. I installed an SM420 with a Dana 18 tranny. Because I have everything tucked above the frame rails (101” wheel base), I need to rotate my rear pinion towards my Tcase and use a 1310 CV Driveline for my rear axle (out of an XJ).

I have read way to much conflicting information so some real world advise would help.

It seems I want to try to set my DL angle somewhere between 10*-15* with a max angle (at full flex) 28*.

I need to know the best angle to set my driveline (with full weight on the axle) and what is the max angle I go with a 1310 CV.

I think I will have to set up the DL to have normal driving angle around 15-20*. Does anyone run similar driveline angles? Any problems with this?

The above web site is home to TOM WOODS, considered by many as the "guru" of aftermarket drive shafts.
Go there, select "tech information", and from the new menu select "drive shaft 101".

Based on his guidance, with a CVC shaft, AND leaf springs, the rear u-joint angle should be 1 to 2 * low. With a good rear traction bar or linked rear suspension, your angle should be .5*.

Back