• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

i need help

2230xj

NAXJA Forum User
hi i just got a 92 xj everything works great but the speedo , tack and gas gauge dont work but sometimes they will work when i hit a bump but only real fast please help:geek:

I would start by pulling the instrument cluster out and there's two connections on the back, 1 of them controls all the lights and stuff and the other one controls the gauges themselves. Reseat both of those and make sure they're in good and tight as it sounds like a loose connection.

i try checking the connection behind the cluster i started the engine moved the wires and pushed on the connector and still nothing i wounder where do those wires go maybe there is a driffent louse connector or wire if you have any ideas please help it sucks not knowing how fast you are going while pasting a cop i havent got poled over yet knock on wood

Have you checked the grounds in the engine bay? My friend's 95 had gauge problems, and replacing the ground strap on the firewall fixed it.

Back