• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

condensor

trevanator

NAXJA Forum User
does everybodys condensor go the whole way across the radiator? mine does and it seems odd cause that means its blocking air flow to the radiator entirely and also when the ac is on its gonna get hot and pass hot air the whole way
am i crazy or what?

Yeah, you're crazy....well actually probably not, but that's the way it is. The condenser covers the whole radiator, and it blocks a certain amount of air flow, but the fan comes on and helps, and all goes pretty well despite it all. If they put the condenser behind the radiator I think the air conditioning would suffer, since it would be trying to dump not only cab heat but heat blown through by the radiator. This way the condenser dumps heat, but because it's not as hot as what's already passing through the radiator, it doesn't overwhelm the radiator as long as there's enough air flow.

yeah thats pretty much what i thought but i am having issues when i turn on my ac the temp sky rockets about 30 degrees or more so the only thing i can think of is the condensor is just getting really really hot so maybe it is bad so idk yet got some more testing to do

and yeah were all a little crazy haha

dont have one i have a triple fan set up from ff dynamics that i have conferred with jeeperjohn on that is supposed to rival closely with the stock mech fan and elec fan set up so im pretty sure thats not the case cause they stay on when the ac is turned on so im thinking i either have a bad condensor or god hates me in 100 degree whether lol

Back