• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Recommend me a new coil spring please

ert01

NAXJA Forum User
My XJ is riding on a set of used 4.5" RE coil springs. It rode level for about a year until I put a bumper with a receiver mount on it and a 9000lb winch. Now it sits around 3" and I had to add a 1.5" spacer to make it ride level again.... I'm assuming the springs are just old and saggy and the extra weight just finished them off.

I'm looking for a stiffer spring not only to make it ride level again, but also because I thought the RE springs were too soft anyways. Maybe I need a 5 or 5.5" spring? I think the RE springs are around 165lb/in. so maybe something in the 180lb-200lb range?

Thanks in advance!

Check into a set of Skyjacker Springs, i beleive they are a higher spring rate. If not Rough Country makes a stiffer set than the RE Springs.

IIRC the Rusty's springs are 180 you can check their website though. I think most companies have their spring rates listed. Also I have the re 5.5" springs and with my warn bumper and winch they can out to be at about 4.5 to 4.75

I run rustys coils and no swaybars. They are pretty stiff but still flex well IMO.

i know most guys on here will disagree but i like my 4.5 roucgh country coils. nice and stiff. no sag with the weight i added.

I'm running the Rusty's 6" coils with a bumper and winch and got 5.5"-6" out of them. They feel somewhat stiffer than the RE 4.5" coils + 1.5" spacer I was running.

Hm I just read on a few other sites that ZJ 4.5 are around 240. I emailed Dirk at DPG to see about the trailgunner springs and they arent making them anymore but he recommended the RE ZJ spring and a local retailer said the same thing... I'm thinking I may give them a shot.

Does anyone have any spring rate info on the 3.5" Full Traction?

2 weeks ago, I emailed FT and asked them about their 3.5" spring rates as I want to go with a softer spring for a better ride quality. I did not get a response from them, I called them last week and talked to a guy who did not have any techincal information other than saying they were soft!

I would like to get the rate if i could, anyone have this info or know if its posted somewhere?

Thanks!

My Deavers are great, I still need to adjust bumpstops to work with the shocks, but they float over washboard and mild whoops a lot better then my RE 5.5s did. I'll be better able to test them when I get the cash for bumps.

Back