• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front drive shaft

userbmx1315

NAXJA Forum User
bolted up my HP44 and found that i will be needing shorter front shaft.
it appears to be 4inches to long. any one know if one from a 5speed will fit?
could i push my axle forward some?

also as i was checking for binding i found that my upper arm bridge will hit my oil pan. so i will need some type of bump stops,
how much could i push my axle forward until it affects sterring linkages?

any one know if one from a 5speed will fit?

No idea what is going to fit your configuration. Take a measurement, and check the measurement of a stock AX-15 front driveshaft and compare.

could i push my axle forward some?

:dunno: Get under there and try it and see what hits.

how much could i push my axle forward until it affects sterring linkages?

See above.

There's no one simple answer when swapping axles. You have to take measurements, move some things around, and see what works.

4 inches?

holy crap.

44 pinions are about an inch longer than a 30 in my experience. i put my 44 about 1.5" forward of stock and was able to use the stock shaft.

think i'm going to have to check it.
if i run a plumb-bob from the bump stop to the sping mount, is the axle supposed to be in the center at ride height?

Last edited:
think i found my problem. my lower arms are down to far. i measured a stock axle, and i got 8" between the uppers and lowers. mine are like 9.25. so i'll have to rotate my lowers up allowing it to push my axle forward

4 inches?

holy crap.

44 pinions are about an inch longer than a 30 in my experience. i put my 44 about 1.5" forward of stock and was able to use the stock shaft.

No kidding.

I used my stock driveshaft and I pushed it forward 1.5'' as well.

Have you put the axle in and tested full bump to see if everything clears? Whats your wheelbase at?

I doubt a 1'' separation issue equates to a 4'' difference, something else is wrong.

i dont have a rear axle in to check the wheelbase.
this is testing it.

the 4" was just eyeballing it.
i got out the tape and measured. it was really about 2.75 hahaha

but i got to learn some how.

Back