• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yacolt Burn Trail Brushing: 11/13 - 11/14

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I totally spaced out and should have posted this sooner. :sad1:

If you don't have anything going on tomorrow (Sunday), come on out and help with trail brushing.

We have most of the first section (~10mi) marked off with ribbon, and now we have the go ahead to start clearing brush. We made a lot of progress today, even with the rain. I'll be out there again tomorrow as well.

7:45am at Jones Creek Trailhead

We'll be departing at 8:00, so don't be late. Bring a pair of loppers if you have them, hand saw, and some gloves (no chain saws). Obviously dress for the conditions, boots, rain gear, etc.

No worries, there will be plenty of work parties to attend in the future. This one is just the start of it.

I'll try and post them up when I hear about them. Hopefully with a little more notice next time.

No worries, there will be plenty of work parties to attend in the future. This one is just the start of it.

I'll try and post them up when I hear about them. Hopefully with a little more notice next time.

Keep us posted, I wanna help but timing is everything and I got crap going on tomorrow.

Keep us posted, I wanna help but timing is everything and I got crap going on tomorrow.

Will do.

We're shooting to have the third weekend of every month be an official work party. We still have more brushing to do on this section. I'll try and cross post the work parties over here when I get word. Also, the Yacolt Burn Trails does a Facebook page to stay up to date as well.

We made a lot of progress this weekend on establishing a path along our ribbon lines. It feels good to finally be working on the trails, but volunteers are going to be a crucial part

Hey Jeff,

"Pick up the Burn" is the once a year annual clean up in September.

I would imagine we'll be doing another day for brushing here in the next month or two though. Right now though we're just trying to put the finishing touches on the proposed first loop before we submit it for SEPA review.

Back