• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tracbar question

cwill88

NAXJA Forum User
My track bar has def seen better days. I have a stock size bar with a 3" RC lift. I'm upgrading to a 5" soon so I'm gonna need an adjustable one anyway.

My question is, would an adj track bar setup for 4-6" work for a short time on my 3" lift without causing any serious problems?

I ran one for a 4-6" lift when I was running a 3" lift since my stock trackbar was ALL sorts of worn. I just adjusted it as short as it would go and bolted it in, no more death wobble and felt much better on the highway.

Thats kinda what I thought. I figured the 3" lift plus the stock trac bar in the stock location = axle too far to the left (probably whats causing the slight drift). Same lift plus a trac bar thats a lil too long would be the same but the other direction.

I've heard that theres some companys out there I should avoid at all costs for trac bars tho. Any bad experiences with Rusty's or Rough Country? (I wanna get the drop bracket with it)

I have never had a rustys bar for the simple fact that to many people have problems with them. Go double shear no matter what brand get away from the tre style they are scary.

Get a real track bar and double shear frame bracket from Iron Rock Off Road. Don't bother with the cheap stuff.

I would say ironman4x4fab or KOR.

Dont use the Rustys track bar that has the TRE on it. It works for low lifts/low flex rigs but as you lift more and add flex the track bar limits the droop. The TRE binds up, puts a huge load on the TRE threads which eventually fatigue and break under a high load condition which is usually side hilling and flexed out, a bad time to loose you track bar. Rubicon Express has two track bars which are both good. The HD unit is double shear on the frame end but is for higher lifts. I ran the single shear unit for years at lifts under 4 inches, wheeled it hard on both coasts. I now have about 5" lift and a lot more flex so I needed to go to the RE HD unit and double shear frame end to prevent binding.

John

Last edited:
Back