• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

repainting spots

dobbs571

NAXJA Forum User
What I have is a 92 xj paint code mp9 (blackcherry) the paint on most of the jeep is good the rear pass side lower quarter panel got hit .Its right at the molding and body line every thing above looks fine the roof clear coat is comming off and I have about 4 or 5 small dents about the size of your thum here and there I think the bigest one is about the size of a half dollar .I an going to replace the rear quarter panle and would like to fix all the dents as well I have a can of factory spray paint that I had mixed and put in a spray can at Orelliys.What I need to know can I sand the top cloat and paint over it with fresh top coat.I have done quite a bit of body work before I am one of those that when I am done it perfect before it painted but I have never just painted over the old top coat all ways primed the whole car .Is there any ploblems known with the ofactory top coat not working with newer top coats

Back