• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Hitch Install

1armyguy

NAXJA Forum User
Hello everyone. Just installed my front hitch. Glad I got the hitch instead of the hooks because I noticed that the front cross member is bent. Obvious minor front end damage with previous owner didn't mention it. Luckily everything lined up so, I'm assuming there is no other frame damage. Just need to get the 2 front holes drilled and spacers in and it's done. Looks great and it will definitely be much sturdier then using just hooks. Can't wait to test it out. Hopefully not to get myself unstock. :laugh2:

GREAT site and thanks for all the excellent write ups.

Actually finished the front hitch install after getting the correct sway bar bushings. Man what a difference new bushing can make. The front feels really good and tight now. I also changed the mounting a bit, I didn't used the spacers it said to use. It sits right under the bumper but, it's also flush with the frame and I feel more comfortable with it that way.

Hello everyone. Just installed my front hitch. Glad I got the hitch instead of the hooks because I noticed that the front cross member is bent. Obvious minor front end damage with previous owner didn't mention it. Luckily everything lined up so, I'm assuming there is no other frame damage. Just need to get the 2 front holes drilled and spacers in and it's done. Looks great and it will definitely be much sturdier then using just hooks. Can't wait to test it out. Hopefully not to get myself unstock. :laugh2:

GREAT site and thanks for all the excellent write ups.

I had some hard pulls on my tow hooks. You can't just bolt them to the unibody and call it good. You need to use tow hook brackets. But yeah a hitch works just as good other than robbing ground clearance.

Pictures? What brand front hitch did you use?

Here are some pictures.

38664184008_medium.jpg
38664184001_medium.jpg

38664184005_medium.jpg

38664184006_medium.jpg

38664184002_medium.jpg

The other reason I went with a hitch was that I plan on going with a multimount winch later when the funds are available and I can talk the wife into it. :twak: Wish me luck. LOL

I'm not saying that tow hooks will not do the job but, I will be able to use the hitch for other things as well. I'm not as worried about the lose of ground clearance.

Thanks again for all the help and advice.

Wayne

Back