• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Keyless go isn't making any sense

Norwegian

NAXJA Forum User
Got a new keyfob thingy from some ebay vendor while i had my interior out, got it set up and had the relays clicking but not activating the locks.

Forgot about it, put the Jeep back together and tried it again with everything but the drivers side door installed. Amazingly the remote actually worked the locks.

Then i got the door assembled, all the power windows working and the power locks working from the switch on the door panel. Now the remote doesn't work anymore..
Now if i unplug the harness to the d.s. door the remote will click the relays, if the door-plug is in the remote does nothing..

Not really expecting anyone to make any sense of this, i just needed to vent my WTF :wierd: :laugh2:

Sure seems like a possibility.. could even be a bad positive connection.

What puzzles me though is that connecting the d.s harness numbs the remote function completely..

I've got good ground and 12V at the reciever end so i guess i'll just have to chase the wiring..

Back