• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Build Sheet oddities

Bdiddy11

NAXJA Forum User
Just got my buildsheet from Jeep... took about 3 hours to get it! Uber fast.

Found some things on there that made me wonder...

CKVP MOPAR Third Row Cargo Bins w/Table
GEC Front Left Side Sliding Window
HGDP Deluxe Insulation Group
RCG 6 Speakers

Our records indicate that the following recall campaign has not been
performed by an authorized dealer:

733 BRAKE PEDAL SHIFT INTERLOCK

So...some Jeeps came with cargo bins? Unfortunately there aren't any in the Jeep =/

Left side sliding window...? Mine seem like normal windows.

Deluxe insulation... better for road noise I imagine?

And 6 speakers... would they consider tweeters in this category because there's no soundbar unless it was taken out. I've only see the two in the hatch, two in the front doors.

Just thought these things were interesting. Any ideas on these?

And is the brake pedal shift interlock something important...? I mean if I can get it done for free why not =)

I found it interesting that I have rack and pinion steering on my '93.

Also, the shift interlock presumably has never been done -- in any event it is inoperable. I don't really care whether or not I have that feature and I would just as soon not have the dealer work on my Jeep unless absolutely necessary, even if it's free.

ive heard scuttlebutt of jeep/chryco re-using vins? you may be looking at the build sheet from a new model, non xj jeep.

does ANYTHING match up?

The option ID codes get recycled. Chrysler gives you the most current meaning of the option codes, not the historical meaning of the option codes.

Google how VIN codes are generated, it is impossible to re-issue an old VIN by mistake or on purpose.

RCG 6 Speakers

And 6 speakers... would they consider tweeters in this category because there's no soundbar unless it was taken out. I've only see the two in the hatch, two in the front doors.

On many XJs, there are tweeters in the knee-bar, the lowest part of the dash. Look for the 'vents' on either side, towards the doors. Put your hand up there behind the bottom opening, and see if you can feel them. They weren't too bad, but they're in a terrible place. Unless, you have ears down by your knees......

yeah they reused a bunch of the option codes... so when it auto-decodes, whatever the newer meaning of that option code is will be given to you instead of what it actually meant when your jeep left the factory.

EDIT: apparently I skimmed over Tim's post :dunce:

Back