• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shock researching need help...

honesT

NAXJA Forum User
Hello Jeepers, I have just bought a 96 cherokee XJ country and I will be installing a 3 inch coil and leaf spacer lift soon, I`m researching shocks and looking for any helpfull knowledge the Jeep comunity could pass my way to ease my hours of research it will take for me to find the sweet ones...

Quality is 1st on my list but within reason, 3 inch coil & leaf spacer lift, 31 inch tires.

Is it worth getting longer shocks or just sticking with the spacers when I do the lift.

Thanks in advance for your time...

The spacers will have nothing to do with your shocks. Search in here and in the JeepSpeed forum for shocks. JeepSpeed especially will have a lot of good info on shocks.

What you need depends on many variables: your driving style, terrain, available suspension travel, etc etc.

Long socks are always good, but how long you need will depend on how much flex you have and how tall you are. The only way to know for certain is to get the lift on, then measure full compression and full extension at each corner, or at least one tire at each end.

Back