• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE ???

bananaclip

NAXJA Forum User
Guys I am getting ready to order the Hack n Tap from rubicon express for my 2000 xj with a 231tc. I am going to try the front driveshaft mod before spending big bucks on a tom woods ect. I have 2 questions first what adadpter do I need to make the front shaft work? Second what is the largest u joints I can use in the stock shaft? I have searched this and have found many different responses. I simply want to get the correct parts the first time!

I see your point. I have read several threads with different folks running the front shaft and being very happy. I figured why not give it a shot. I can always carry a spare incase of front or rear trail damage. I also have a buddy that is a fellow jeeper that runs a body shop. He said that he would supply me with front shafts for free if it works well.;)

I see your point. I have read several threads with different folks running the front shaft and being very happy. I figured why not give it a shot. I can always carry a spare incase of front or rear trail damage. I also have a buddy that is a fellow jeeper that runs a body shop. He said that he would supply me with front shafts for free if it works well.;)

He wasn't talking about the drive shaft when he said don't do the H&T. He was saying get an actual SYE (advance adapters, etc.).

In regards to your original question: you need to run 1310 u-joints unless you get a different yolk for both the H&T SYE and the rear axle. A lot of guys have run the front shaft with few issues, assuming that you're not heavy with the go-pedal and that you're not running uber tires.

Do yourself a favor and get a SYE kit. You can get the Rugged Ridge kit on ebay for $175 shipped, and it's mostly as strong as the Advanced Adapters kit (certainly stronger than a hack-n-tap). For a driveshaft, there are a couple shops on ebay selling them in the $235 range (shipped). I've got one from CJ Tatton and it looks stronger than my Tom Woods shaft.

Back