• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Integrating aftermarket guages into the stock harness?

GrimmJeeper

NAXJA Forum User
I know it's possible, I've seen it done on a few XJs. Can anyone point me towards a writeup or more information on the subject? I have full wiring diagrams and I'm pretty comfortable with wiring, but I'd like to know how far into this I'm stepping before I jump into it.

The harness is from a 95 4.0 auto if that matters, and I'm looking to set up oil pressure, coolant temp, voltage, speedo, tach, and fuel level gauges. I suppose the speedo and the fuel gauges are the only ones I'm not sure about, the others I can run my own wires but would like to avoid that if possible. I'm trying to eliminate as much of the stock wiring as I can, not add any.

looks like he ran new wires for the gauges. not what I'm looking to do. thanks though, if I do end up needing to run new wiring I know how to do that, its tapping into the existing harness that I'm having a hard time with.

Back