• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

injectors

bails85

NAXJA Forum User
ok i have an 89 xj with a 4.0. the motor has just been rebuilt but ive been hearing rumors about ford and neon injectors. my buddy has a yj with a 4.o in it and he used the neon injectors but he said he had to change the fuel pressure regualtor. i dont want to change out to a newer intake or nothing like that. i just curios to know what i can do to wake it up / smooth it out. also r there any outher little mods to gain a little power,fuel mileage, etc. like i said i dont want to build a stroker or build a frankenstein motor i just want to bolt on a few goodies thanks.

Go the easy route and contact www.painjection.com. They have rebuilt and flow matched injectors for a very reasonable price. No changes needed as far as the FPR either. I've put a set in my 88 and my 90 and getting ready to order a set for the 87 project I'm working on. Use the code "jeep" in the order form and get a Forum discount, too.

I am using the neon injectors as on my 89. I have nothing but good to say of them. I pulled them at the junk yard, cleaned them REAL good, got new orings, and stuck em in. Less than $40 later and about 2 hours worth of time and she idles between 500-750 rpms smoothly, much better throttle response and averages about 2-3 mpg better, but with my lead foot that could be just me. I did not have to change my regulator but I am about to get an adjustable and a bored out throttle body so....

Good luck and do what you feel comfortable with, but it was cheap, easy and well worth it to me.

Im currently using some yellow ford injectors in my 1990 reinix.It runs great and idles smoothyly now. But my old injectors were really leaky. Overall I got em for free from a boneyard and its well worth it to me so far.

ok so what neon injectors do i need. if i go to autozone napa etc or the boneyard what do i look or ask for.

95-97 neon with 2.0 or 2.4

The better alternatives are in house injectors, Neon 2.0L 95-96 have 238cc (22.6 lb) injectors in it, 0280155703 (OEM 5277739).

These are EV6 4 hole injectors with clip nut. Better fuel economy, better throttle response, better power.
The disadvantage is that you'll need to take these out of two cars.
A list of vehicles that came with these injectors can be found here:
http://www.fuelinjector.citymaker.co...25/4735791.htm

see this link for more info:
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92236

Last edited:
Back