• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

coolant control valve

xj_chef

NAXJA Forum User
I have a ( '93XJ, 4.0L,4x4, 231, automatic.)
which way do the two hoses from the t-stat and the water pump hook up to the heater control valve? top and bottom?
Is the top hose on the valve cover the top hose on the valve, and bottom to bottom?
pics would be good.
thanks

let me simplify the ?
the hose that comes out of the T-stat housing and is the uppermost hose along the valve cover. which port does it connect to on the valve top or bottom?
thanks

I think one is 5/8 and the other is 11/16 dont think you can get them wrong .But I think the one from the housing gose to the top and the block go to the bottom.

by the way I dont think it matters when the valve is closed water gose in a circle back to the block when open thru the heater core dosent matter what way the water flows .I maybe wrong but dont think so.

The t/stat housing hose should be the inlet to the heater core, and there should be a small arrow molded into the valve for in/out, the out or return from the heater core goes to the WP.

Back