• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Has anybody broken an Aussie for the 8.25?

ThunderbirdJunkie

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, just curious. I'm a KJ guy (don't get on me too hard, I've had XJs too:))...just wondering how many, if any of you, that have run Aussies in the 8.25 have had a failure?

Did the same sort of survey with KJers and there was only reported issue. Just hoping mine is an isolated incident.

Thanks guys, have a good one.

I think the better question would be, has anyone had an Aussie failure in ANY axle? In the cases I have seen, the axle shafts have failed before the Aussie locker. I am curious though... what sort of failure did yours experience? (what sort of driving, what component failed, etc.)

I had a failure in a D30 but it wasn't the locker that failed. The carrier split in half and the resulting slippage tore up the Aussie. Prior to that it was a solidly reliable unit.

I know XBobJ broke 2 or 3. Yes, they were installed properly.

I remember when they first came out a bunch of people had problems. It's been quiet since then, though.

I beat the hell out of my aussie in my 8.25. Doughnuts on pavement and locking it up around everyturn. I drive it harder then a race car on and offroad. I have yet to have any problems. Im on 33s btw.

33s and beat it threw the snow, mud, rocks and water without any issue. Plan on putting one in my 44

I'm on 35's with alloy shafts and trussed. I wheel mine hard and no issue's. I worry more about the carrier than I do the locker itself.

I broke mine on 31's a while back, it was properly installed. They replaced it and it has help up to 33's since.

Basically what happened is the teeth got rounded off. They blamed it on a soft pinion shaft even though mine passed their test with a file.

Just wondering if it was a first-run issue or a general issue. It's starting to sound like a first-run issue.

It's been mostly a pavement pounder...I've only gotten to go wheeling once this year so far :( but it saw quite a bit of trail time last year.

Running on a 2" lift with 31s, no significant extra weight on the rig. Sure sucks driving around even on the street though with an open diff, heh.

Didn't get any time to call 'em today...going to have to do it tomorrow. Thanks guys.

Back