• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Painting bottom of doors

jeepfreak1020

NAXJA Forum User
So I want to paint the bottom of my doors black. Like this,
IMG_0169.jpg

What would be the best way to so I can get a straight line all the way across. Ill be using the truck bed coating. So ill have to tarp off most of the jeep so the over spray dosent get all over the jeep. I was thinking about using painters tape but I cant get it straight all the way across the door. How can I make it the same height all the way across?

why isnt it straight? ive always just got the tape up against the edge of the body line there. :dunno:

lay tape down over the entire area, use blade to cut the line where you want. remove tape from desired area?

got a ruler? lol.
no just find something (damn imma get flamed for this) straight, long, and strong to follow edge of when cutting. metal ruler or something of the sort?

Ya ill be sanding it before I do this. Ill prob use a grinder with a wire brush just real quick over it. Samething I did when I hurclined my rockers, and have held up pretty great.

haha alright Mike ill try to come up with something like that lol

the beauty of tape and cutting is you can add tape if you cut too much and take more off if needed. may take some time but youshould be good to go

Alright cool, thanks Mike Ill try that tomorrow and see if that works out better for me... o by the way it was nice meeting you today for like 10 mins lol. Well have to run spring creek in the spring

Do you have a laser level?
Or shit just a ruler and a plain ol level?
Or hell just a plain freaking level?

Do you have a laser level?
Or shit just a ruler and a plain ol level?
Or hell just a plain freaking level?

haha lol I used mikes idea and it turned out great. The doors loow amazing and I love them. Ill post pics tomorrow when I get time. And I added a sticket to the windshiled, now the jeep looks pretty close to the RE XJ lol

I want pictures NOW damnit!

Stickers add like 20hp per... so a sticket must be like 50hp, right? :D

Heres what the pass side looked like all done. I was still working on the driver side, and dident have the sticker on yet.... crappy cell pic

downsized_1101101407.jpg

lol lets see i have like 1...2...3...4...5...6...12..15 I think like 20 on mine lol

Dude that's like 80 thousand HP. Those fawkin stickers are gonna blow your engine if you're not careful!

Heres what the pass side looked like all done. I was still working on the driver side, and dident have the sticker on yet.... crappy cell pic

downsized_1101101407.jpg

THE LINES NOT STRAIGHT!!!
That's crap do it again.
:D

Feel like this is a Colorado Chapter Forum.

I've been wanting to paint there for a while but never got up the guts, what paint did you use? truck bed liner or something?

Just truck bed coating that you get at auto zone. Cost like $8 a can and I only used one can. Then tarped the entire jeep so no iver spray got on it.

Dude that's like 80 thousand HP. Those fawkin stickers are gonna blow your engine if you're not careful!

THE LINES NOT STRAIGHT!!!
That's crap do it again.
:D

I know I may blow my engine. Dam stickers lol.

And there about as straight as you :D

Back