• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anybody use daystar bumps?

austinaubinoe

NAXJA Forum User
A recent trip to Rausch made it apparent that I need front bump stops. well its OK with 35's, but Im getting 37's real soon. I already have hockey pucks and im thinking 3 pucks is the most I should put on the bottom.

For the top I have 4 choices: Put in the stock bumps, put in some poly extended bumps, JCR hydro ACOS (and smaller spring) or Daystar bumps.

Obviously going down to a 6.5" spring with ACOS hydro bumps would be my dream setup.... but that aint gonna happen. And Im pretty sure I will need longer then the stock bump stops to stop the flex. Right now, with out ANY bumpstops, the tire hits the fender before the tower hits the spring base.

I think I saw a writup in JP where they somehow welded the daystar bumps in place of the stock bump towers. Any idea how I would do this? Any body ever do this?

Thanks!

EDIT: have an 8" Rusty's coil up front.

you know I was planning on those originally, but I dont like how they just sit in the coil. Im going to do hockey pucks first and go from there. Just want to see if anyone has any experience with daystar bumps on a cherokee.

there are ways to secure them so they dont just bounce around in there. SPXJ on here has them and secured them to the axle. i would ask him about them

i would get the prothane coil inserts from jegs

i tried those and they were pretty amazing once i figured out how to keep them secured.

still got thrashed though. you can only have the upper contact plate so large or else your coil would hit it on travel and make all sorts of bad noise.

this is what i am runnin right now:

71933_509451230754_226300669_228616_1561150_n.jpg

they work great and are holdin up nice.

progressive bumpstops are the way to go. i will never run hard rubber again.

Wouldn't it be possible to somehow secure the prothane to the bump stop "can" that the old rubber ones rode in?

Wouldn't it be possible to somehow secure the prothane to the bump stop "can" that the old rubber ones rode in?

i tried that. the prothane just glabbed the coil when flexing and caused bad noises and in a couple instances it pulled the coil out

I did the extended bumpstops on top and the hockey puck method on the bottom. Seems to work pretty good. The hockey pucks also add some adjustablity to the set up.

Back