• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

whats the torq spec on the driveshaft to SYE?

i just tighten them. i dont own a torque wrench that i can fit in there so i just get em as tight as my weak self can get an 5/16" wrench. never had a problem.

blue loc-tite isnt a bad idea. i use it when i have a new yoke or new bolts.

new england rust is generally my equivalent to loc-tite

New bolts from the spicer strap kit come with blue loctite, so I'd use it if you happen to have it around.

I did have one bolt back out a while ago, really should put loctite on it next time I'm under there. And yeah I just crank em down till it feels about right.

They're 5/8ths, the part I'm talking about is the driveshaft flange to the SYE on the transfercase.

Yeah I think that is what he meant. Do you have a torque wrench that can get to them? I don't, so I just crank them down as best I can, haven't ever had an issue. I've never used loctite.

Ben

Do a google search for torque specs. There are lots of charts on the net that tell you what torque to put fasteners at based on the size and material of the bolt.

Back