• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Into the Wild XJ

soaker

NAXJA Forum User
Hey new to the fourm but not to the hobby! I am back into the world of XJ's after a couple years of not owning one.

I truly love this platform and want to build a quality XJ that will give me a lot of pleasure, I also plan on keeping this Jeep for a long time!

This summer I got a 1999 XJ 2dr white with the 4x4 package (tow hooks, limited skip and ABS) Its in decent condition but needs a bit of TLC!

I wanted to make it roll on 33's, but found out my funds did not allow it. I want to build quality here, not quantity. With 33's I definatly wanted to re-gear and get rid of our beloved D35C. If my financial situation changes in the near future I will get out and do it, but for now I will hae to stick with 31's.

I want to document my build with a step by step photo and book to allow me to take pride in my Jeep. I have a few ideas I would like to bounce off you guys and want your feed back!

I would like to know about lifts, I am thinking of going with the Full Traction 3.5" It's in my price range and want to try it out, but for $200 more I can snag the RE 3.5" superide with full leafs (vs aal for the Full Traction)

Ride is very important to me and I want to make it comfortable and pleasant to ride in, along with having some nice trail moves and finess. I don't mind spending money on a good quality shock and take my time with this build.

I am thinking of going to routes, first one is to just get the RE lift and a nice set of OME shocks and call it a day OR get the Full Traction lift and throw in a shackle and block in the rear (my rear leafs have been re-arc and it sits 2" higher in the back now) (I will skip doing the aal) and get a nice set of OME shocks as well....

Whats your take? I also have been finding it vey hard at getting the spring rates on the Full Traction coils to see how they compare with the RE coils...

Any info will be great and thanks !

JC

I don't want to do the aal, and was thinking of doing a shackle and block (if needed) to level it out. My rear is 2" higher than the front as it sits now....I just want to go with the Full Traction for now. If the shackles and blocks do not cut it I can always spring (no pun intended) for the leaf packs from RE!

Back