• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cooling upgrade--is this one any good?

keep0njeepin0n

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, so I've been thinking about doing the FF dynamics radiator and 3 fan setup, but I came across this and thought it may be good too.

Says it does 2200+ cfm as compared to the 3300 on the FF dynamics. Is 2200 still sufficient? I do not do a lot of heavy towing with this Jeep.

Also, if the one above is worth it, what would be the best way to wire in the fans? I would prefer to find a way to connect them to the factory condenser fan connection so they come on automatically when hot, and when a/c is engaged. Any ideas?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-RO...Q5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_7266wt_1165

Aluminum dissipates heat better than brass/copper. Sorry, no. And rows more tightly packed doesn't necessarily mean better cooling (air still needs to get through it). I'm also not a big fan of the through-radiator mounts for the fans. But hey, it does have a "high performance appearance".

Don't buy this one for $300. If you want this kind and brand and "cool fans" keep looking. I was on ebay about a week ago and the same brand and style was like $190, and you can find good fans any where. Don't spen your money just yet.

Pretty sure you can get the 3 row csf from dpg plus ebay fans for that same price and it least you'll know the radiator is good.

FF Dynamics has treated me right. My stupidity lunched one of my fans and I didn't turn in the warrenty card and they still sent me a new one for free. It is amazing how good it cools, it is fine with just two of the fans going so the 2200 cfm will be fine for you if you decide on the ebay fans. Also FF dynamics sells thier controler kit seperatly and it was pretty easy to wire up. http://www.ffdynamics.com/products_controlmodule.htm

Might want to do some searching on this subject! Personally I prefer the factory system do to the mech/elec combo.A properly operating system will get you anywhere you want to go.It doesn't get much hotter than AZ and I have never had any issues.My worst temps only come when pulling my 3000# camping trailer and then they are usually about 220* only when on steep grades.

I guess take your pic on rad. But WebDog make a triple fan kit.

I have the FFDynamics setup and I really like it. That being said, the setup in the ad looks like it is of equivalent quality to the FFDynamics setup. I would run 3 fans though and mount them on shrouds. This is the only way to get it cool enough out here in the desert. Do yourself a favor and use the fan controller (included in the FFDynamics kit) to activate a 75 amp relay for the fans, the fan controller that comes with the FFD kit cannot handle the current draw over the long run.

Might want to do some searching on this subject! Personally I prefer the factory system do to the mech/elec combo.A properly operating system will get you anywhere you want to go.It doesn't get much hotter than AZ and I have never had any issues.My worst temps only come when pulling my 3000# camping trailer and then they are usually about 220* only when on steep grades.

yeah factory system all the way. Took apart my front end for the first time when the stock rad cracked at 160k miles. replaced it with a CSF. The stock auxiliary fan is actually pretty nice, and it takes a hell of alot to kill a mechanical fan.

plus you can repair a brass/copper rad on the trail with a torch.

My factory system does quite well. I just replaced the factory radiator because the motor mounts were shot and the fan decided to eat the radiator. I believe that if the cooling system is in good working order, you wont have a problem. IMO

Back