• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

brake question

nwo98xj

NAXJA Forum User
i have been told that the calipers on a 98 zj are better that the calipers on a 98 xj ...can anybody confirm this ...thank you

No, the '98ZJ calipers are the same as the '98XJ calipers. You will get no benefit to switching them. I believe you have ZJ calipers mistaken for the dual piston calipers that are used on the WJ's. To run these calipers, it requires you to change to WJ knuckles, crossover steering, a relocation bracket for your trackbar, and depending on what year, weld spacers on the knuckles for the unit bearings.

It doesnt matter unless you change your booster and maybe master, Then i think you have to swap WJ knuckles to make those calipers work
Did you even read what you wrote? You have to swap to WJ knuckles to make ZJ calipers work? Also no, it does make a difference regardless of changing the booster and master.

Back