• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cant engage 4 wheel drive

ewert35

NAXJA Forum User
I just put on a RE long arm 5.5 inch lift, SYE, ARB's, etc. I just took it for a test drive today and I cant engage the 4 wheel drive. I attempted to lift the lever and it wont get halfway between 2 and 4h and stops. I tried stationary and rolling slow. Its a manual. Any ideas?

Best guess would be the linkage to t-case. The factory linkage is pretty much junk. Disconnect the in-cab lever and see if you can shift it right at the case. If not, the forks are probably messed up inside the case from a mishap during the SYE install.

Don't some of those kits require shortening certain shift rails?

OP: Year? what kind of T-case? Have you tried shifting with the clutch in and/or trans in neutral while rolling? With some practice it is possible to shift between low and high range on the go, which is nice for hillclimbs. Just keep in mind 1st gear/hi = 3rd/low

Joe, sometimes they do depending on the length of the mode fork rail. You are supposed to check this before buttoning the case back up. Fortunately it can be trimmed with only removing the tailhousing on the case. If memory serves, it is only the older (renix) models that need this

Back