• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TC crossmember to fram bolt size?

oblivion_twister

NAXJA Forum User
I'm going to be doing an sye and eliminate my tc drop. What thread size are the bolts so I can go get grade 8s?

dont know the thread count/pitch off of the top of my head (sorry, im no help there)

but the stock bolts are plenty strong, if you still want to replace with grade 8 just take 1 in with you and any hardware store should be able to measure it right then and there. hell, you could drive it in, and replace the bolts right in the parking lot.

Stock bolts may be plenty strong, but grade 8s are stronger and have the shiny gold tint bling factor.
Whenever I wrench on something, I replace the bolts with grade 8s (when I'm not too broke to buy em).

X2 on bringing the bolt in. Whenever I need one I just bring one that I already have and match it up.

yeah but stocker went bye bye when the tc drop when on, not sure I want to drive to ace with only 3 bolts in the crossmember. I think it's 10mm

IFR they are 10mm X 1.25 or 10mm X 1.50, it's been awhile since t/c swap.

Xwhatever, they're metric... the stock bolts are either ISO Property Class 9.8 or 10.9, which is roughly analogous to a grade 8. You won't find anything except ISO PC 8.8 (same as grade 5) at most hardware stores, you'll need to go to a Grainger/Fastenal or similar to get 9.8s or 10.9s in my experience. Some smaller hardware stores like ACE may have them also.

Back