• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RC long arm joint failure

CaliXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I've read about all the RC upper control arm joint failures. I have even told others to call them on it for replacement. I have done this myself and today I received, not replacement but rebuild kits. Well kind of.. They sent me 3 of 4 outer snap rings, 4 retaining washers and that's it! NO replacement bushings for the inside. That's the part I really need here! I plan on calling them in the morning to speak with a manager. I've had this kit sense March of this yr and have had a number of failures. Shocks, leaf spring bushings, now this. I wouldn't be so ticked off if they would have sent ALL the parts to do the repair.

My question is, where can I get the bushings that go inside these? Would ORW or somewhere like that carrie them? Thanks

So that "cheapest long arm out there" isn't working out for you your saying? I had an RC kit as my first kit and had the same experience (shock, leaf spring and CA bushings were all subpar) but I like you got what I paid for, nothing more nothing less. The design and quality match the asking price. You'll continue to have issues as the replacement parts are just the same parts just newer. I eventually swapped out all of it to RE stuff piece by piece as the failed, very happy now, buying 2 lift kits instead of one didn't save me any money in the long run though, hind sight a bitch.

just because the quality is going up doesnt mean its the best on the market. it is going up tho. ive had my 4.5 inch short arm with drop bracket kit from them for almost a year and i havent had any problems with it

i didnt say it was best on market, but his number of failures to timeframe ratio seems to be high, i found that suprising

Yeah I'm kicking myself now over this one. Guess when I read into this kit it was still fairly new. Now it just seems like one thing after another. I didn't start the tread though to keep it going on problems with it. I just stated some of mine for future buyers. Solutions is what I'm after here. Where can I get rebuild kits for these joints? Other than RC.

Back