• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oil pressure gauge

awdxtc

NAXJA Forum User
On my xj the oil pressure gauge goes to max..even with just the keyo
On engine not running. What would cause this?

Yup, verify wiring/connection to the oil pressure sending unit.

If that is okay, replace the sending unit. I buy these directly from Jeep for best reliability/accuracy/mating with your factory gauge.

Yup, verify wiring/connection to the oil pressure sending unit.

If that is okay, replace the sending unit. I buy these directly from Jeep for best reliability/accuracy/mating with your factory gauge.

I snapped the electrical connector off mine off last weekend so I ordered a new one from Rock Auto. I hope it doesn't suck!!

How do you remove the plug from the connector?? Squeeze the red clips?

Some aftermarket sending units work fine. However there are some cheap-charly units floating around as well.

I can't recall about the connector offhand, but if it has different color clips, squeezing them should do the trick.

I just put my new sensor in. That was a really easy job. You need a DEEP 1 1/16" socket and a foot long 1/2" driver. The torque spec is 130 in-lb which comes out to 10.8 ft-lb. I just screwed it in until I could just barely see the last thread... didn't want to go too far.

No idea if the hex size and torque spec are the same for the OP's XJ.

I still can't get the stupid plug off. I tried squeezing the red part with pliers and it just crushed it. Looks kind of like the red clip is supposed to slide to the side....

37950_10100359503888200_7901546_65490519_606106_n.jpg

That red clip is a locking clip, try sliding it up and it should click when it moves up. not sure it will still work that way if it got crushed though. I believe the top of it is by your index finger in the picture and then once you do that the rest will come out.

Back