• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE Adj. CA question

bonzel

NAXJA Forum User
There was some rubicon express adj lower CAs on craigslist here, he doesnt know the part number but says they were on a 98 grand cherokee with about 4" of lift. Im trying to figure out if they will fit my 98 cherokee with 3" lift..... he says they could use new bushings and wants $80 for them. what do you think??

Is that a good deal and where could I buy new bushings?

If they are adjustable they will fit. Now if they are a good deal or not is the question. If they are the Super Flex arm and the spherical bushing needs to be replaced you are looking at ~$70 for two spherical bushings + the $20 tool to replace them. Then another $15 for the rubber bushings. If they are the Super Ride arms 4 bushings will run you ~$35. At least you would be looking at $115 for them plus labor to install the bushings if you don't do it yourself. You can get a pair of Iron Rock Offroad adjustable for $180 new.

They'll fit fine, since they're adjustable. As long as the ball is good, you can get the races to rebuild for $11. I;ve never used the tool, always just a punch and a hammer. The good rubber bushings are $15, but you can get them local for cheaper.

^x2

if the superflex joint is a little loose, you can just use a small punch and hammer to tighten it up. you do not absolutely NEED the tool. and like he said, the rubber bushings are about $15.

Back