• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long term negative effects

redneck999

NAXJA Forum User
Is there any long term neg effects to having the rear end sitting higher than the front end by 2in? My xj was sitting about an inch lower than the front end and when i would load a weeks worth of groceries and my chair it would sag horribly. I and my wife installed an aal about a month ago and shims and a trans cooler. It hasnt sagged any yet and fully loaded it almost sits level, but when not loaded of course it sits like a jackrabbit, sometimes my son or wife drives it, is this something that would starve the trans for fluid? should i get a 1in spacer for the front? Its basically stock excapt for the aal, we replaced front brakes, sway bar bushings and lower control arm bushings(piece of cake) and will be trying the uca but having a hard time decieding on how to get to the front bushings. oh and 235's -1998 Auto

2 in difference in height, front to rear, is not a problem, as long as your alignment is correct.

No alignment problems before or after actually doesnt ride bad at all when empty was expecting a harsher ride. I had an explorer before this and did the same thing but it did sag some after being on different brand tho

Other than looking kind of goofy, there are no ill effects

I can live with goofy, hey maybe i should lift up the rear of my wheelchair to match? My son thinks i should paint the body of my chair to match the jeep!

Back