• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spacers

Cottontail

Three-De Off-Road
What options do I have for spacers?

I just put on a Ford 8.8 on my 2001 XJ and the tires I am running (Bridgestone Dueler MT 31") are within a quarter of an inch of the springs on the rear. When I installed, the springs had fanned out and were rubbing the tire. I lined them back up and got my quarter inch back.

As well, I am running the RE lower control arms and in full turn my tires rub them.

Suggestions?

Try spidertrax, rugged ridge, alloy usa, performance wheel and tire, etc. Google-fu will help you here...search for wheel spacer.

What options do I have for spacers?

I just put on a Ford 8.8 on my 2001 XJ and the tires I am running (Bridgestone Dueler MT 31") are within a quarter of an inch of the springs on the rear. When I installed, the springs had fanned out and were rubbing the tire. I lined them back up and got my quarter inch back.

As well, I am running the RE lower control arms and in full turn my tires rub them.

Suggestions?

Spidertrax are the best I have seen. I run them front and rear to give the XJ a wider stance. They are 1.5" wide.

You also need to clamp the leaf springs to stop them from fanning out.

http://www.spidertrax.com/s.nl;jsessionid=CGZsM2GJjJhh2ccvT1Vv33gn53vh5z61m3qwR94KLJX3pTnjPgW4wbvsHDT61bDT1phQ0Cbyp1fqm07Bg4n8Z9qLJhJdccc5wtMhkGT2jLbscBqcmFHhpPRYrWtmNFWl!-258885749?sc=2&category=18

if you do some searching on the net you'll find several sources for spacers.

I figured as much, but you know 75% of the crap sold on the internet is just that...crap.

I was looking for some specific names of manufacturers that people on here use or have had good luck with.

You'll be better off getting new wheels with a proper offset instead of spacers. :) The stock wheels are 15x7 with 5.25" backspacing, about the same cost as spacers you can get some 15x8 wheels with 4.5" of backspacing - giving you an inch of clearance, without having your tires stick way out of the wheel well.

As far as spacers go, though, Spidertrax is the quality game in town.

Back