• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Low lift and raised track bar mount

FlexdXJ

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
I bought an axle a couple months ago for the gearing and locker. It has a raised track bar mount on it and is reamed for 1 ton steering. My question is will I be able to run a raised track bar on 3" or will I need to go higher. I would like to keep it there since long arms are out of my budget and don't want a bad ride due to control arm angles which I guess could be cured with DB's but I would prefer to do long arms. I really don't want to run my track bar through the oil pan either. I could just sell it and gear my front axle but if I can run this setup I would prefer it.

Are the knuckles reamed OTK?

Assuming you know..... you want to keep the trackbar and he draglink as parallel as possible. Also, keeping them the same length (or really close to the same) is good. This allows them to move on the same radius.

Take a pic of the front end geometry and play with the picture drawing lines with paint program on the puter. You should be able to "eyeball" and get a good idea of how it'd work.

I suggest, that you get the steering geometry lined out first, then worry about the CA angles. FWIW, Drop brackets are not a bad solution. No more than you wheel, you'll be fine. You're lifted high enough that you'll clear the curbs.:D

Take a pic like this:
steeringangles.jpg

Last edited:
I basically did the same thing, but mine came with raised steering and I wanted to run at stock height...

steering.jpg

This pic is stock height or three inches of lift- I cant really remember. Either way, I had to run a curved track bar to keep it out of everything. It isnt at exactly the same angle, or the same length as the drag link, but it was as good as I could do and still make it all work in the space available. Works good enough that I never think about my steering...

histeer or otk?

i ran otk steering/trackbar without issue at less than 3" of lift

and have had some buddies that had thier trackbars kissing the oil pan at 5"

of course you can always lower the frame side mount some instead of raising the axle end mount

Its reamed for OTK, might swap knuckles and do the ZJ setup I have now. Not sure just yet because of like to be done before WF and since I gotta change the ball joints anyways I could do it then..

Back