• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crank no start

blue95xj

<---- Brrrrrrrr!
95 4.0 auto

Went through some mud yesterday drove an hour home and ran great. Came to a stop sign and died. Now all it does is crank. No spark and no fuel pressure. New ckp because old one tested bad. Still no fuel pressure or spark, cannot here the pump prime either. Tried swapping relays still no luck.
Any advice is greatly appreciated TIA

Correct and one of the wires at the sensor itself was cut. And I read that someone else had said that it fried their pcm as well. Which i hope is not the case because there are no jy's open today around here.

Ok, no spark AND no fuel--you most likely have an issue with the ignition switch providing power to the ASD and fuel pump relays or the PCM providing the ground to those relays.

Check for 12 volts to the ASD and fuel pump relays with the key on. No power, start at the ignition switch and work towards the PDC and the relays. IF you have power, then test for grounds to those relays--no grounds, go to the PCM 60-wire connector and check for continuity between the relay grounds and cavity/pin 51 of the PCM.

Good luck.

I can tell you that the relays are clicking when the ignition is turned on. I can also tell you that I have power at 2 of the terminals at the ASD relay. I did not test the fuel pump relay terminals.

Well I got it figured out, the damaged wire on the ckp shorted to ground blowing the engine control 1 fuse. I overlooked the fuse because it was a newer style buss fuse which are darn near impossible to tell if they are blown or not with out a test light or multimeter. BTW it was a maxi fuse. But all is good now!

Back