• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

want to... NEED to buy radiator.

ehhhhh... i would really rather not spend that much right now. any other suggestions?

i know that the regular oem A.Z. replacement is far from the best, but its the cheapest i can find and that has alot of appeal right now. however, if i'd run into any problems from buying that one, i'll pay more for something better.

essentially, is buying that one a BAD thing to do?

:dunno: Why risk doing the same job twice? Might as well spend the extra money now rather then almost paying double if you need to get the better one in the end.

im 100% with you on that. problem is, i dont have the extra money. if it has to be done then it has to be done, but i'd rather avoid it right now.

Have you checked any radiator shops that are local to you, like maybe a Performance Radiator near you? They usually have decent stuff at reasonable costs. If you can wait on shipping you can find some great deals online (x2 on radiatorbarn.com).

Autozone isn't necessarily junk, sometimes you can get Modine radiators through them which aren't bad.

I'm still using the autostoned radiator I bought after the accident. It was cheap, it was an exact fit (NAPA's was not), it was on the shelf, and it works.

I don't think it's as good as the one that got wrecked, or the one that Terry offered me, but it seems to be doing what I need. I didn't buy the used one from Terry because I'd have to run a remote tranny cooler.

Since your cooling system has already been drained, the swap should take less than an hour.

Mike, I've got a couple used ones available - I'll let go cheap. There's always the possibility they'll go bad sooner than later, but maybe you'll be in a better financial position when that happens and get the better radiator then.

Lemme know.

Back