• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Does it ever stop!!!???

Explorer 1

NAXJA Forum User
Here are pictures of the latest in a long line of modifications.......Seems the more I modify the more I need to modify.........Does it ever stop? :helpme:

IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

Thanks,
Fred

That diff cover really threw me for a loop. I was thinking "I hope he hasn't welded the perches on yet!" :roflmao:

Looks great!

Pardon my ignorance, but what axle is that? It looks like a Dana 44, but of the high-pinion variety... That and the cover has an odd slope to it relative to the pinion.

Got any details about it? Just curiosity more than anything.

You can't complain about the prices of mods if you are running a Solid 60 and an aftermarket doubler. Obviously you have the dough for it.

But freakin sweet mods. I would think the upturned diff cover would be a lot more beneficial in the front?

Are you running some kind of doubler setup on that?

It's a KLUNE V "David" model that gives me the ability to travel in a 4:1 "crawl" mode. :roll:::eeks1:

http://www.4x4wire.com/jeep/tech/trans/klune04/

http://www.high-impact.net/transmission_and_gear/extreme_underdrive_brochure.htm

"Pardon my ignorance, but what axle is that? It looks like a Dana 44, but of the high-pinion variety... That and the cover has an odd slope to it relative to the pinion.
Got any details about it? Just curiosity more than anything."

It's a Currie Rock Jock 60 with the Aluminum housing.

http://www.currieenterprises.com/cestore/cjrockjock.aspx

"I would think the upturned diff cover would be a lot more beneficial in the front?"

The angle allows it to have the same clearance as the prior Dana 35. But for now, one axle at a time........I've broke the Dana 35 3 times, the Dana 30 not once.

Thanks,
Fred
Explorer 1

I was thrown off by how clean everything is. Im used to seeing fluids and mud/dirt everywhere on the floor anytime I do anything to my jeep. :D Looks great!

You can't complain about the prices of mods if you are running a Solid 60 and an aftermarket doubler. Obviously you have the dough for it.

But freakin sweet mods. I would think the upturned diff cover would be a lot more beneficial in the front?

Yeah, and an annual naxja membership only costs change compared to that......just saying.

HDPE gas tank skid? Baller.
Looks like UHMW bolted to a stainless backing plate / frame to me, and bolted very securely at that. I'd run it.

"HDPE gas tank skid? Baller"

"Looks like UHMW bolted to a stainless backing plate / frame to me, and bolted very securely at that. I'd run it."

It's a slab of 3/8th Delrin secured by 1/4 -20 stainless security screws, countersinked. This gives a smooth slippery surface to the gas tank, engine/trans and transfer case skid plates.

But now with tke Klune V I'll have to start over as two of them will no longer work with the new transmission crossmember support we have to make.

IMG_3736.jpg

IMG_3737.jpg

IMG_3739.jpg

IMG_3740.jpg

Thanks,
Fred
Explorer 1

What do you do for a living?!?! I wish I had enough money for a piece of delrin big enough to use as a skidplate!

What do you do for a living?!?! I wish I had enough money for a piece of delrin big enough to use as a skidplate!

I bought a single slab from a wholesale high preformance plastic dealer and then cut and formed it to my specs. I don't remember it costing all that much but perhaps my memory fails me, I guess it can also be relative.

It forms and cuts as easy as wood. More time was spent in tapping all the holes than anything else.

I understand that there are some harder and slipperly plastics out in the market now so I may look into them next time.

Thanks,
Fred
Explorer 1

Back