• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long arms with 3 to 3.5 inch of lift

XJOutsider

NAXJA Forum User
I am doing research to prep for my LCG build. I am planning for 35' on 3 to 3.5 inch of lift with a good deal of trimming and inner fender reworking.
Does anyone on here run a long arm suspension on 3 to 3.5 lift. Most of the manufactures start at 4 to 4.5

Last edited:
I think that Big Mike here in the NW chapter was only at 3.5" of lift when I installed his long arm kit. I just had to shorten our links by an inch so we didnt push his axle too far forward. Also did an install for a local customer that was only at 4" of lift.

Im running 33" Destination M/Ts on Clayton LAs and RE 3.5" springs. I did it the long arm upgrade mostly cause its a DD, but of course it has its benefits wheeling. My limiting factors are the shocks and springs. I need to get limit straps or get longer shocks.

My fender are trimmed up to the factory flare line, and the pinch seam in the fender was cut and folded up.

DSCN0071.jpg

DSCN2355.jpg

Cool thanks

The jeep looks great. I will be trimming it a little more that yours and reweld the pinch seam. I also plan to push the rear axle back about inch

i ran longarms before. with as low as 2.5". honestly there is no real gain at that height. i raised the mounts on my axle to be flush with the bottom of the tubes and shortarms would have had just as good of an angle as my longarms. and you can make shortarms flex more than plenty. but at 4" there is something to be gained.

my new jeep runs about 4" over stock and a mid-arm 3 link.

im happier with it over my old radius longarms

here is full droop

20250_507037158574_226300669_170408_4168614_n.jpg

here is the angle/ ground clearance at ride height

20250_507037592704_226300669_170428_2270819_n.jpg

there is no major fender modifincations needed to run a 35 on 3" of lift. just fold the pinch seams over and a few love taps with a hammer to get it flat and you are good to go. bumpstop accordingly and wheel.

Last edited:
I love your setup KTM. I hope to be able to do a 3 link eventually, and a mid-arm seems like a good idea with a minimal amount of lift as i look at your CA angles (once again its a DD, so ride/control arm angles is important to me). Do you have pics of the upper link mount? I assume a mid-arm 3 link would be a little easier to fab up than a long arm 3 link?

I love your setup KTM. I hope to be able to do a 3 link eventually, and a mid-arm seems like a good idea with a minimal amount of lift as i look at your CA angles (once again its a DD, so ride/control arm angles is important to me). Do you have pics of the upper link mount? I assume a mid-arm 3 link would be a little easier to fab up than a long arm 3 link?

thanks man. i did it for a couple reasons.
1: i dont need longarms
2: to get decent separation at the body side with longarms you either need to mount the lowers low, or cut into the floor. i wasnt willing to cut into the floor if i didn't need to. and having a low hanging mount closer to the tire isn't as bad as having a low hanging mount close to the center of the jeep.

20250_507037163564_226300669_170409_6569493_n.jpg

20250_507037288314_226300669_170423_1735794_n.jpg

pretty basic. I had to cock the mount a little from vertical to be able to fit a nut around the backside. but it works fine and dandy!

Thanks for the pics. My thoughts are to sell my clayton y-link setup, and then fab something whether it be another LA or mid arm, and have some money left over for other stuff. We shall see what happens come christmas break when i have time to fiddle around.

I did the "minimum" 4.5" with IRO 3 link kit but if you got their adjustable ones, I know from talking with Luke, that you can make them shorter than the fixed link.

sittingat45in.jpg

Back