• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DANA 30 LSD...True Trac...OEM Option?

Mylesofsmyles

NAXJA Forum User
This question has less to do with my XJ and a lot more to do with my Volvo project, but the Volvo guys don't know.

I know True Trac makes a LSD option for the Dana 30 front axle on XJ's...does anyone know if this unit came stock on XJ's...can I expect to go to my local PnP and get what I need?

I've never heard of a True Trac Torsen differential coming on ANY Jeep, much less an XJ.

What is your Volvo project?? Are you converting a Volvo crossover to solid axles?

AFIK LSD's never came stock with the D30, especially with a CAD axle. I don't even know if there is an aftermarket LSD for the 30. I'm not so sure about newer (91+) models.

My D44 has an LSD but the front only matches in ratio. Rear has LSD tag, front does not. So could you swap the LSD into a Jeep D30 with a driver drop??

Might want to search around a bit. Rumor control has it that the Volvo D30 is very weak, and that a Jeep D30 is considered a Volvo upgrade.

So you're saying he should swap in a Jeep front Dana 30 and have 4 wheel steering?

Actually, I believe the carrier is the swappable part.

AFIK LSD's never came stock with the D30, especially with a CAD axle. I don't even know if there is an aftermarket LSD for the 30. I'm not so sure about newer (91+) models.

My D44 has an LSD but the front only matches in ratio. Rear has LSD tag, front does not. So could you swap the LSD into a Jeep D30 with a driver drop??
I've had a TrueTrac in my D30 for several years. It's not a locker and doesn't pretend to be, but it does work well for a limited slip.

Back