• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Taurus fan #

xj_chef

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking to do the taurus fan switch that I viewed on gojeep.
what year and model taurus am i looking for to get the fan from at the pull-a-part?
what is the part # aswell?
thanks.

I'm looking to do the taurus fan switch that I viewed on gojeep.
what year and model taurus am i looking for to get the fan from at the pull-a-part?
what is the part # aswell?
thanks.

I grabbed mine from a 1994 Taurus wagon with the 3.8L motor. I think they came from 1990 to 1995. I have the part number as Ford 8C607.

They came on any ford sedan with the 3.8L, very common. If you take a picture of what the fan looks like you will be able to find it pretty easy, no other fan really looks like it.

I got a new one off ebay for a pretty good price

f4dz8c607ca covers 90-95 Taurus with a 3.8

Take a look at this link. It show the complete process in a RHD XJ.
http://go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoTaurusFanInstall1.htm

It isn't a simple swap. The Taurus fan is very thick and requires removing the mechanical fan and it's shaft to provide enough room. The fan housing needs a lot of trimming for a tight fit. The shroud will hang down under the radiator, a perfect place to mount a transmission or power steering cooler.
The fan draws a lot of power and needs bigger than normal relays, something rated 70-amps or more..
It would be a good time to beef up the electrical with bigger cables, large alternator and the most powerful battery that will fit.
When properly done, these fan work great but, in return, there are many more parts that can fail. With an electric fan, an alternator failure can stop you dead, where a mechanical fan will keep working and you can drive out on battery power.

Back