• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Driveshaft question

CoreyK

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 95 cherokee 2 door with 9" lift. I swapped the aw4 with np231 for the ax15/231 combo. I know i need a SYE for the rear and a different dshaft. The front seems to be too long now? Weird cause i had a 6.5" and it was almost to short. Are the dshafts from the auto to standard different lengths? What do u guys reccomend for a SYE and rear dshaft, and also a front Dshaft? Thanks in advance.

do you have shortarms?

if you just add lift to the existing 6.5" without changing anything your front axle gets pulled back getting closer to the t-case.

also 5 speed front shafts are about an inch shorter than the auto shafts

yes unfortuneatly still short arms, they are adjustable though> Long arm conversion will be coming this winter after xmas. If i get a SYE the kit says longer dshaft is required, where are you guys getting dhafts made other then tom woods?

Could you post a picture of your rig and your control arm angles?

Not sure if it will be long enough, but you can use a cherokee front drive shaft with an sye kit or the rubicon express hack & tap. You can also go to your local driveline shop and have the extend the one you have

yes they are diff. lengths. Manual has a little shorter shaft than an auto. Search! I know i just posted up the info not long a go.

Back