• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97-01 cowl vent help

muddeprived

NAXJA Forum User
I made a snorkel that runs into the cowl to the passenger side and angles up out of the cowl with a hummer-style cap.

DSCF7085.jpg

DSCF6405.jpg

Here you can see where I cut into it:

PIC-0066.jpg

It's been great since but I've always had a leak on the passenger side since this mod. There's a plastic fence around the vent hole that's in the passenger cowl area which I think is there to keep water from running into the vent hole. Am I right? I had to cut a piece of that fence off and now I think water is running into there and onto my floor. I can see the water coming out of the black plastic thing below my dash under the glove box. It seems to be the vent maybe. Too dark for me to see right now.

This hole on the passenger side is the vent right? Do you think the water is running into it and onto my floor because I cut off one side of that plastic fence or do you think it's running into the hole from the exterior snorkel seal leaking?

Last edited:
Back