• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gear installers

AIbandit

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I need to get my 4.10's installed in my mustang anyone know a good>cheap place/person to do it in the everett'ish area?

Randy's ring & pinion wants $420 average on the stang forums seems to be $200-250.

Called a bunch or tranny shops Randy's is cheapest so far. If anyone knows a skilled individual let me know :D

I need to get my 4.10's installed in my mustang anyone know a good>cheap place/person to do it in the everett'ish area?

Randy's ring & pinion wants $420 average on the stang forums seems to be $200-250.

is that just for the install? or is that including gears and install kit? 420 doesn't sound bad if they are providing gears install kit and install.

Nope I have the install kit and gears that's just for service :(

Nope I have the install kit and gears that's just for service :(

it's a 9" right? so you would just be bringing them the 3rd?

no it's an 8.8 I'll be driving it in most likely.

no it's an 8.8 I'll be driving it in most likely.

pull it and put it in your truck, everyone I've ever talked to will charge less if it's not in the vehicle.

I'll call and see what the difference is. Being the fast food of differentials I wouldn't expect much since they have all the fancy tools.

I'll call and see what the difference is. Being the fast food of differentials I wouldn't expect much since they have all the fancy tools.

But it's a lot easier to put a diff on a rack at working level then it is to get underneath a vehicle to work on it.

When do you need it done? I'm qualified and have done several Ford 8.8's in my garage but I'm booked for the next two weekends. Are the gears used?

Nope they're new and I can wait :D

I have a good buddy in lynnwood that is qualified and has done many. I will get a price from him

Thanks guys, Looks like I'll be going with sideshow he offered a pretty good deal that includes clutch rebuild.

As long as he doesnt sabotage me because I work for Lockheed Martin I should be good to go. :D

i to am looking to get matching gears in my d44 and d30. just need to figure out which gear ratio is good for 35's with my auto. 4.11 or 4.56

what you do for lockheed?

i to am looking to get matching gears in my d44 and d30. just need to figure out which gear ratio is good for 35's with my auto. 4.11 or 4.56

what you do for lockheed?

Thanks guys, Looks like I'll be going with sideshow he offered a pretty good deal that includes clutch rebuild.

As long as he doesn't sabotage me because I work for Lockheed Martin I should be good to go. :D

Your safe, I'm on the commercial side for now :eyes:. But there's always the old zip-tie on the drive shaft:).

Back