• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

suspension question

THUNDERMONKEY

NAXJA Forum User
92 xj 4dr. My question is how much lift do I need to fit 33" tires with mild cutting if necessary. This will be a daily driver and a moderate wheeler. the lift will be a long arm just dont know how much big the springs need to be. Oh also curious what wheel back spacing I need. Thanks in advance. I just suck with the search button.

Thats why everyone is not responding to be honest. Did you try to search at all. There have been a couple threads very close to this in only the past week or so. You can fit 33s on a stock rig with enough trimming and bumpstopping. It depends more on what kind of a look do you want your rig to have, would you like a better break over angle, are you willing to cut, how much money do you want to spend. My personal opinion is 33s look really good on a XJ with 4.5 to 6.5 inches of lift with minor trimming. It will perform well too at that height. Just keep in mind that once you go over 3 inches you really have to start changing alot. Long arms or drop brackets, upgraded steering and steering box brace, adjustable track bar, and so on. Try to search a little bit more and ask more specific questions that havent been answered time and time again. There is alot of reading that you can do on this site.

wow that was a harsh start to this site not a noob dont stick your nose in the air you were new at one time. just want some opinions. its a family wheeler that is dependable. Here is the idea.

Ford 8.8 in the rear lockright 4.88 gears
chromo d30 with plenty of spares
Advance adapter SYE
RE1345 coils
RE1462 rear springs
RE2700 shackles
RK LA upgrade
tera flex high steer.

Exo cage

What are my options for my track bar? All I asked was what size coils? didnt realize it was a no no to ask a simple question. My bad.

i was new, but when i was, i did the common courtesy of looking around first.

but wait, let me get this straight, you are that far into your build, but cant find a trackbar for that ammount of lift? dude, there are plenty of mfg's that make bolt in tracbar kits.

XCM you have some built up aggression I said the idea is to build it that way. Was asking what works best? I am planning and gtting all the parts bfore the build starts. Your too busy trying to cut me down then help. I guess asking questions is very noob of me. People have different experience thats why you ask others. I already have a full built yj with custom suspension and 1 tons just asking about the chrokee world. Stop being such a douche unless it makes you feel like a big man then have fun with that. Unless you didnt mean it maliciously then my bad

thundermonkey, I dont really think anyone is being harsh and I apologize for myself personally if I came off like that. The problem is that it is a VERY open question that people can right pages worth of useful and some non useful info on. (and people have, just poke around a little) Without knowing your specific goals, previous knowledge, and abilities we cant do too much to help.

http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1028681

http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1043046

XCM you have some built up aggression I said the idea is to build it that way. Was asking what works best? I am planning and gtting all the parts bfore the build starts. Your too busy trying to cut me down then help. I guess asking questions is very noob of me. People have different experience thats why you ask others. I already have a full built yj with custom suspension and 1 tons just asking about the chrokee world. Stop being such a douche unless it makes you feel like a big man then have fun with that. Unless you didnt mean it maliciously then my bad

The search function will help you a lot with your question. Starting off your first couple of post like above isn't gonna get you much help here or down the road. On another note... I'm running RE 5.5 coils with RC long arm kit and 33's trimmed front and rear.

Back