• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

loose tilt wheel

bluejeepkid

NAXJA Forum User
i have a loose tilt wheel, how do i get to the bolts or nuts to tighten it? the wheel flops around up and down while im driving and im afraid it could possibly come off lol
TIA

I could only get to three of the four bolts using normal tools. and sockets. Two I was able to remove, loctite and install, the left hanbd lower, tighten only, and the rh lower, had to leave loose. To do the job properly you need to dissassemblr the tilt section, and need snapon # cj134 pivot pin remover. What a pain in the ass job

I could only get to three of the four bolts using normal tools. and sockets. Two I was able to remove, loctite and install, the left hanbd lower, tighten only, and the rh lower, had to leave loose. To do the job properly you need to dissassemblr the tilt section, and need snapon # cj134 pivot pin remover. What a pain in the ass job

I recall that you could only pull and loctite two bolts, and tighten the third unless you could pull the tilt pins. I jury rigged a pin puller with a metric bolt and a socket. I'm sure you could get by with just loctiting the two bolts and tightening the third though.

Lisle 19940, $8.26 on amazon.com, its built better than the Snap-On tool that is flimsy and spreads.

Back