• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jks trackbar mounted to rustys frame mount

tsill

NAXJA Forum User
anyone have suggestions on how to mount the jks bar to the rustys trackbar frame mount? the jks bar comes with a vertical mount that bolts up through the factory hole. i have the rustys frame mount from years ago and it mount horizontal with a bushing. also, i havent measure yet but the jks has a 2.5" johnny ball joint. the rustys frame mount looks considerably smaller and i wont be able to get the jkw ball joint to physically fit.

You just answered your own question. The johnny joint is too big for the Rusty's frame mount. I went through this same issue months back. I was running the Rusty's trackbar and frame mount and upgraded to the the JKS over-the-axle trackbar mount and JKS trackbar that I could cut and weld to the proper length. JKS straight up told me that the small Rusty's mount would not work. I simply bought a frame mount from Rubicon Express since theirs in the perfect width to accept the Johnny Joint. If I recall correctly, JKS offers two Johnny Joint sizes, so you'll want the smaller of the two. I purchased the RE frame mount from someone on here that can get it at a lower price. His name is Fullsizexj. He'll hook you up. Good luck.

Back